Next Tuesday we are hosting a brown bag lunch with @malbooth, UTS and @myleejoseph, State Library of NSW, to talk about where libraries are going. Thanks to the Twitter community (principally Mylee) here’s some references:
- Radio National Future of Libraries
- Pew Internet Research: Future of Libraries (there are also some other links to reports down the right-hand side)
- “@warrencheetham for future of public libraries check out @4thfloorchatt & presos by @natenatenate“
- Two futurists episodes on This week in Libraries (Thomas Frey and Richard Watson)
- “@myleejoseph @lyndakelly61 @malbooth @US_IMLS lots of very interesting things happening with digital scholarship @britishlibrary“
- Mal Booth (formerly of AWM and now chief librarian at UTS) speaking at the UTS Shapeshifters Creative Futures 2013 event
- UTS Librarian blog (Mal Booth) including Design and our Future Library: more than spaces and technology
There is also the @US_IMLS report Libraries and museums in an era of participatory culture which is a good read for both museums and libraries.
If you have any further readings/links/ideas please feel free to add them here.