MEET is the annual gathering of educators, evaluators and technologists working across the cultural sector, held in conjunction with the MGA conference. The 2018 MEETDAY will be held on Monday 4 June, 9.30-5pm at the National Sports Museum, Melbourne Cricket Ground, with a morning session of keynote speaker and lightning talks, followed by an optional afternoon session of workshops and other goodies.
The overall theme of the day is making connections, and each Network is focusing on one of the other conference sub-themes:
- Education – breaking barriers
- Evaluation – championing innovation
- Technology – places of engagement
Registration from 9am for 9.30am start
9.30 Welcome and introduction to MEET
9.35-10.15 Keynote Speaker Professor Genevieve Bell, ANU (includes question time)
Knowing our audience, knowing our tools and guiding our communities: given the current pace of change, how are we going to shape our future within the contexts of evaluation, technology and education?
10.15 Morning tea (provided)
10.45 Lightning Talks
There will around nine Lightning Talks – three from each Network. If you would like to propose a talk, complete this form by Monday 9 April. Please note that submission doesn’t necessarily mean acceptance.
12.00 Panel / wrap-up / Q&A
12.30 Lunch (provided, including tours of the Melbourne Cricket Ground and the opportunity to visit the National Sports Museum)
2.00-5.00 Optional afternoon workshops:
- 2-3pm Easy 360 video creation – make your own 360 video in one hour! Jonny Brownbill, Museum Victoria
- 3-4pm Co-design – what it is and how to do it: case studies from the field Lynda Kelly, LyndaKellyNetworks / Andrew Hiskens and Linda Angeloni, State Library Victoria
- 4-5pm Voice to text chat interfaces – how can they be used in our institutions? Jonny Brownbill, Museum Victoria
Tours of National Sports Museum will run through the afternoon. There is a café downstairs for those who just want to chat.
To cover fees and expenses, we have priced MEET 2018 at:
- $125 for MGA conference attendees
- $150 non-conference attendees
If you have registered for the MGA conference go here to register and pay
If you are only attending MEETDAY go here to register and pay
- Contact Dr Lynda Kelly, Convenor, Evaluation and Visitor Research National Network, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updates will be provided on the MEET website
- Follow us on Twitter: #MEETDAY2018
- And, go here to propose a Lightning Talk
MEETDAY2018 is supported by the National Sports Museum