Following on from the Museums and the Web Digital Production workshop this morning here’s some links I promised I’d post:
- Tagging and Searching – Serendipity and museum collection databases: Seb Chab Museums and the Web 2007 paper. Also see his fresh and new(er) blog
- 15 current technologies a child born today will never use (just for fun!)
- “If people can see the images online, will they still come to the museum?” Engaging museums blog post (answer = yes!)
- The average web page has grown 151% in just three years – mostly due to the increased used of images on web pages
- Fried, I. (2013). Mary Meeker: 500 Million Photos Shared Per Day and That’s on Track to Double in 12 Months
- Museum Victoria Field Guide to Victorian Fauna and Field Guide to the Field Guide (information about open source)
- Scannable images to replace QR codes??
A pdf of my Powerpoint slides can be downloaded here: MWAsia KELLY digital production.
Thanks all for coming and participating – it was a great interactive session and I learned lots!